10.06.2009

Trees



We can learn a lot from trees,
they're always grounded but never stop reaching heavenward.
-Everett Mamor-
Trees planted by the M&M Biddulph Family by numbers-
59 Quaking Aspen
43 Pine
(-1 that we used for a Christmas tree last year)
8 Apple
7 May Day
6 Crab Apple
4 Peach
3 Plum
3 Cherry
2 Pear
2 Mountain Ash
2 Apricot
1 Maple
And 1 Weeping Willow growing heavenward (8 ft. a year) that soon will be big enough to build a play house in for our posterity!

With all these trees comes lots of work.... pruning, canning, watering, praying, spraying, picking, juicing, more canning, drying and most important Mike talking to them:) And now it is time for our long winter nap... from gardening. Yipee!

3 comments:

Trevor & Kirsten said...

I love your trees!

Derek and Kelli Hill said...

i LOVE your new background! you figured it out and everything looks so good! way to go mom! i love all our trees too and I am very excited for that playhouse so shlock and her siblings can climb around in it. That's pretty amazing when you count up all the trees like that. Lots of work!

Teri said...

Your tree list reminded me of the christmas song...partridge in a pear tree!!!! It made me so excited for Christmas...I just might need to get out some Christmas music now!!! yay!
(I need to make it through Halloween first I think :)