10.20.2009

2 of My Favorite Things

Dinner Time and Bed Time!
Tucking kids in and going to bed after a long hard day, Ohh how I love!
I have a wonderful bed.
But since our family is growing Mike bought me a beautiful kitchen table for my birthday.
Our family is changing and it reminds me of a song my parents have always loved.
"No Empty Chairs". It has just been lately I understand why....
verse 2 goes like this-
Time will fly, and all too quickly
Some will leave to try their wings
Empty places at our table
Will tug at our heartstrings
But the number at our table
Will increase as children come
Bringing to our family table
Sweet innocence and fun

we'll add a few more chairs to our table
A lot more laughter and love
As our joy is multiplied daily
To fill our cup!

I also loved Elder Eyrings talk at conference and I have the same plea
"Please, no empty Chairs"




4 comments:

keith moore said...

Yes it made me cry, but what a beautiful fantastic bloggger you are. You are so creative. Love you. Thanks for letting me be part of your blog.

Trevor & Kirsten said...

I love your new table! I can't wait to see it too.

Derek and Kelli Hill said...

gotta love joseph! that really is a beautiful table mom! i'm so excited for your bookcase too! please come visit me this weekend!

Tiffany Matusek said...

Pretty centerpiece! Golly, your two youngest are looking so grownup! How long til Blake gets back? Love you Aunt Marla!